Monday, July 8, 2013

#Writemotivation Monday Strikes Again!

fire2Wouldn't ya know it!  I posted on the proper day for the second, or third week, in a row.  Now THAT is an accomplishment.  =^. ^=  <---  happy kitty grin
But, really, it is something to crow about.  Lately, I had posted my progress, or lack thereof, later in the week.  Passing both portions of the broke me out of the funk I was in since I was fired from Wal-Mart of all places.  In all honesty, I loved that job even if I did complain about it.
None of you want to hear about that.  So, keeping it short today, here's what has been done.
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/
1) Focus on "Black Friday 2". Get at least two chapters written.
Nothing new has been written, yet.  There is a very good an valid explanation coming up.  Keep reading.  ;)

2) Pass the second half of the State Exam.

This one has been completed!  I passed with a bare minimum of an 80%.  Tomorrow, I go in and the paperwork done and the program loaded on my laptop.  By the end of the month, I will be bringing home money again.

3)  Get at least 10K on a submission for the Dark Crystal prequel for a contest for Dark Crystal.

This one has been started.  I had to re-download the information.  So, up to now, I've only done research but no writing.  Good thing I did because what I was originally intending to do wouldn't have fit.  The story has to take place between the Conjuction (when the three suns are in alignment and appear as one) and the Wall of Destiny (a place where the prophecy of how to fix the Dark Crystal and by whom.  (Was that the correct pronoun there?)  So, when I was at home at the computer, I was reading up on what was allowed and the time period.  They want the story to take place around the time of the Gelfling Gathering, which gives me a nice intro for the MC, Jena, to come in and get things rolling.

4) Exercise twice a week. (I mean it this time!)

Not a lot was done with this one last week.  I was focusing on other things which had a lot more importance.  But, I did manage to walk the equivalent of a mile Saturday and about a half mile Thursday while Colin was in therapy.  I'll call it a good start, but not close to what I need.  So, if you feel any weird earth tremors, don't worry, that's just me enjoying the Cardio routine on Just Dance 4.
Before I forget, again, I've added this to my goals after they were posted.

5) Work on revising and editing Black Friday, the original book.  

This one has also been started.  I'm going through and taking note of all the different named characters starting with Karina, Nick, and Marcus, my main three, then go through and trim out the extras for use later in BF2, and give the others a little bit of the spotlight.  I'm also contemplating changing the narrative a bit from first person, to omniscient view.  It's a thought.  If anyone is curious about it, I have a copy you can borrow.  It's a quick enough read but it needs a lot of re-polish.

How are things coming in your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment