Monday, July 1, 2013

#writemotivation June Wrap-Up and July's Goal's

lightningJune was a month I'd rather not remember.  Instead of writing or considering writing things, I was going over the different type of life and health insurance, provisions, exclusions, and riders and what they can do to change the basic policy, and trying to learn all the regs, rules, and statutes of the insurance license.  More time was spent on that than anything else and I've one art commission that is suffering because of it.
So, my goals for July are slightly modified.  Again.  *sigh*
Coming to this blog during the month of July will be a few interviews.  Don't expect me to do these often.  I'll be introducing two sites which were created to help the Indie Author and I'll be interviewing a new author on the Indie scene.
Later on this month, I'll be part of a blog hop that will focus on a character from one of my books.  I'm debating if it should be Karina or Sabrina since I've worked with these the most lately.  I'm leaning toward Karina since she's been neglected lately due to my focus on SoNL.  We'll see when the time comes.

Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/

June Goals

1) Set SoNL aside until feedback from critiques and betas are in on the first half of the novel

This one was done though I wanted to go in and make more revisions to chapters nine to eleven.  The suspense and hooks in those three needed to be tightened up further and more ideas popped into my head to build up the tension further between Jason and Sabrina.  D-O-N-E!

2) Focus on Black Friday 2. Get at least two chapters written.

Not a lot of focus was given to this one, but I did do some work on it.  In the space of a couple of hours, on Sunday, I wrote two chapters coming from Takesha's POV.  Karina and Marcus were up on the roof to find the holes to be patched up there as well as survey the surrounding area.  Nick and Nahana were off gathering wood and kindling for a fire.  Neither could have given anything specific and there were things which could be used to build the story further and why there's tension building among certain members of the group.  It also opened up a chance to have something happen.  This one is complete!  YAY!
Black Friday, the first book will also be worked on during this month.  Since Xlibris no longer has it on their site, I'll clean it up and tighten up the story before putting it on Smashwords as a republication.  I'm going to have to sit down and list the different names I used then decide which will stay and which will be dropped.  More than likely, new scenes will be added to help deal with the ones I keep and fill out the story better.

3) Keep up the job search. For interviews minimum for the month of June

This is the one that was modified to study for the State Insurance License exam and pass.  I passed one part.  I need to pass the other part then I will start training.  I can call this one partially complete.

4) Exercise twice a week. (I mean it this time!)

Um... Yeah, I did this one, just not with any real exertion.  But, it was done.

One down, one to go!  Time to celebrate the first win!
One down, one to go! Time to celebrate the first win!

July Goals

1) Set SoNL aside until feedback from critiques and betas are in on the first half of the novel

I don't know why this one is still there, but it'll serve as a reminder until feedback is in.  Don't count this as an Official Goal for July.

2) Focus on Black Friday 2. Get at least two chapters written.

I should be able to manage two more chapters for the month.  We'll see if it happens.

3) Was keep up Job Search.  Now, it is Pass the second half of the State Exam. 

The exam date is the 5th.  I should pass it this time around.  At least it is only the 116 question test instead of both of them.

ninjas4)  Get at least 10K on a submission for the Dark Crystal prequel for a contest for Dark Crystal.

Dark Crystal has a contest for all writers to create a prequel to the movie The Dark Crystal.  They've provided all the information on all the lands, people, and a few ideas to use.  I decided to call this one "The Sundering" and will be following a female Vampra tribe Gelfling who is searching for truth behind the mysterious disappearances from not just her tribe but the others as well.

5) Exercise twice a week.

I walked about a mile today with Colin while we were out taking care of the shopping.  The best thing about this trip is the traffic was in our favor and it wasn't busy everywhere we went.  Today is the 1st, Wal-Mart should have been swamped with the welfare crowd.

How's everything going for all of you?  Hope you enjoy your 4th as much as what I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment