Sunday, January 27, 2013

Black Friday on Sunday #amwriting #fiction #fantasy


I’ve started plotting out a few things which will be happening to the current group of therians Karina has to watch over now that they’ve finally found shelter.  Yes, I did say plotting out.  I do plan things once in a while, but usually when I need to have a clear idea of what is to happen when and how in a particular time frame.
As I’ve said before, they now have shelter.  There’s a problem.  This shelter has been abandoned for a while.  Say a couple of years while the owners wait for someone to buy it.  Perhaps the previous owners forgot about it or in the shuffle of papers, the inheritors never found out they have a nice little mountain resort to sell or fix up.  Either way, the place is in disrepair.
This means that Marcus and Nick have to scrounge up wood or other materials to cover holes in the roof, the walls, create some kind of bedding for them to curl up on at night, as well as someone finding food.  After their long trek, everyone is hungry.
This is what I imagine the main building Karina and company found to take shelter from the impending blizzard.  I could not find the person who took this photo or I'd give proper credit.
This is what I imagine the main building Karina and company found to take shelter from the impending blizzard. I could not find the person who took this photo or I’d give proper credit.
In this group of 15 or 20 therians, they have a decent mix of skills to use if they need it.  The question is, which ones were injured due to falls along the trail or fights among the rest of the group.  All of them will have to do something to make sure they are comfortable.
I do have one little dilemma to consider.  Would the previous owners of this resort have left behind things like sheets, blankets and other things, or would they have all been gathered up and sold or put into storage someplace?
That also brings up the question, was this resort closed before the spring re-opening, before being closed for the season, or after winter was over?  Those questions would help decide how much and what kind of stuff was left behind for this poor ragtag group to use until they can move on in warmer weather.
It is a possibility that they could live there for several years as others come to join them.  Eventually, Karina and her core crew will leave to bring in others and to make awareness of their kind less shocking to the bible thumpers and the rednecks and crazy people who think they are abominations.  I need to study more about the civil rights movement to get a better feel of what they’ll be encountering in the coming future.
Talk about a lot of work to do for just one book.  I have an idea how the elitist church goers will react.  I meet plenty of them every day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment