Saturday, August 24, 2013

#writemotivation Late Update Week 3

I know this is awesomely late this week.  The way things are looking, I am going to have to keep my lists short until I can balance my new job, writing, and home.  As it sits now, work and home are cutting deep into my writing time.

Selling insurance is not very easy to do.  We have several no cost items to help us get into the door, but once inside, getting people to go through the whole presentation becomes the challenge.  Most just want the no cost stuff (it isn't free.  Huge difference), and don't want anything more.  But, I do get several who will allow me to show them what we have to offer to help fill in the gaps in their existing insurance.

Mostly, I need to work on my presentation so I am asking for anyone who lives in NE OK to volunteer to sit through a full presentation.  Who knows, you find what I show worth buying, but there is no pressure to buy.  I only show the need for buying that first policy or getting additional insurance.

If I am to succeed, I have to practice, practice, practice.  Anyone with kids or a mortgage, please, let me practice with you.

Other than work, I have three restaurant reviews to go over.  One is a brand new place right around the corner from my apartment and the other two are very well established.
On to the goal check!
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlg
oode/

1) Write two chapters to “Black Friday 2″. (Two chapters a month sound reasonable enough to keep this one around)


I have written part of chapter 12.  This one is coming from Nick and Nahana's POV and what they see while gathering wood in the building storm.  So, YAY, progress!

2) Work on "Dark Crystal" contest submission


Still a no-go on this one.  Barely times for my other WIP, so I'm crossing this off for now.  We'll see how things look come NaNo time.

3) Word on edits/revisions for the last half of SoNL


I have started on this one.  Only a few paragraphs into the second half of the book.

4) Keep trying to exercise twice a week


There is a lot of walking involved in this job, so, this is a definite yes.  Not to mention, I walk Colin part way, most days, to school.

5) Work on edits for “Black Friday” for republication.


Nothing done on this one, yet.

6) Study the craft of writing.


Been reading up on it this week!

7) Get art and items prepared for August Elks Swap in Pryor.


It'll be, at the very earliest, November before I can get to an Elk Swap Meet.  Bills come first, then my little hobby items can be stocked up.  I'll let you know when I have soaps and lotions ready for sale, or sampling.

No comments:

Post a Comment