Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#writemotivation Update Week 3

I know, I did week #2 on Sunday.  That tells you the impact the state exam had on me and missed passing it by a few questions.
There's some good news concerning the state exam; I am rescheduled for Tuesday next week.  I need to focus more on the rules, regulations, and statutes, along with the basics of the insurance license.  I pass that test, I won't have to worry too much about the other because that is part of the training.  But, it does look good if I pass both of them.
Provisions, exclusions, and riders are not an easy concept to understand when it comes to life and health insurance.  Add in taxation and you really make a hard subject difficult.  Thankfully, I know the basics of those now and just need to focus more on the provisions, riders, and exclusions.  I also need to make sure I understand the differences between Medicare, Medicare+Choice, and Long Term Care.  There's enough similarities to confuse even a genius like Hawking.
Now, to show what I haven't done for June.  >.<
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/
Header image and thumbnail photograph by Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/

1) Set SoNL aside until feedback from critiques and betas are in on the first half of the novel

I can say this is done.  I have partial feedback in now.  I need to meet up with one and go over the material.  There's a couple of subplots I need to give some 'air time' to as well as adding more suspense.  I've got to print out those posts for easier reference.

2) Focus on Black Friday 2. Get at least two chapters written.

Same as where it was last week and the week before.  I need to study if I'm to pass the exam.

3) Keep up the job search. Four interviews minimum for the month of June

I guess I can honestly say this one can be crossed off.  I have the job, I just need to get over this difficult hurdle so I can begin work.  Like other specialized jobs, it is illegal to work without that license.

4) Exercise twice a week. (I mean it this time!)

Exercise has been done, just not quite the amount I wanted.
Half way there... sort of.  :)

How are your goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment