Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Interesting News


Those who are following me on Facebook may have seen my status update about my job interview today.  The rest of you… you now know.

As far as first interviews go, it went well.  Instead of the usual one on one, they brought in a group of us and told us all about the company (American Life Income), and their own goals before telling us what they were wanting from us.  Not a whole lot is expected of us, really, and it was a pyramid scheme like my first gut feeling said when I first saw the conference room.

It went well, and they want their people to take some initiative in getting the company out there but they provide the leads, not us writing down lists of people we may or may not know.  There’ll be training, of course, and a license to get, but nothing unexpected as far as fees.  What they do need their people to have is a laptop.  Thankfully, I have that ready and waiting even if it is four years old.

Once I have the spare cash, I’ll be getting a newer laptop and/or a tablet or netbook for work.  That is, of course, I get a second interview and they like me well enough to take the risk.  I know I can do the job and become a good leader.  It’s are they willing to take the chance.

I’m ready to take the chance, so I‘m 50% there already.  Cross your fingers.  I need all the prayers, hope, and luck I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment